The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
- SPO and Lim Yun
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- Define Seoul beckons Seongsu
- [KH Explains] Banks, regulators trade blame for snowballing ELS losses
- Paris Baguette inks sponsorship deal with Paris Saint
- 北고려항공, 베이징으로 주 3회 비행…정기 운항 복귀 한 듯
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war